Whether you are a frequent flyer or a once every couple of years airplane trip person, going to the airport can be frustrating. You have to get there much earlier then your flight, long lines, crowded waiting areas, parking, delayed flights…Need I say more?. Here are some airport hacks that will help make your airport experience a little easier.
- Carry a portable charger. Most airports do have charging stations. The only problem is, there is never any available plugs. You might be able to find an outlet, but good luck getting a seat next to it. That’s why bringing your own is ideal. Just pull it out of your bag and charge away. Just remember to fully charge your charger before leaving for the airport. You can purchase portable chargers on amazon.
- Go to the left. In the words of Beyonce to the left, to the left. Research shows that most people are right handed and tend to go to the right first, do the opposite and go to the left.
- Take a picture of your parking spot to help you remember where you parked. Taking a quick series of photos with your smartphone to help remind you that You parked in section B on level 7 can help save you time and aggravation when you come back from your trip and want to find your car quickly.
- Taxi! Skip the taxi line when arriving. Just go upstairs to the arrivals and jump in one that just let someone out.
- Pack your own snacks. Airport food can be really expensive. So, why not pack your own? Granola bars, snack packs and trail mix travel well. They are easy to throw in your bag and are allowed through security and on the plane. I do this airport hack all the time.
- GateGuru If you’re an app person, you’ll love this one. It’s called GateGuru. It will give you tons of information about the airport you are using.
- Upgrade, please. Ask for an free upgrade. If your flight is not sold out you might get one. Just ask, you might have some extra leg room in your future.
Hope these airport hacks will help make your next trip a little easier. What’s your favorite airport hack? Have you ever tried any of these airport hacks? We would love to know. Happy traveling!