May, believe it or not, is a great time to come to Florida for vacation. Florida Vacation Rentals in May are often easier to find, and you can typically get the pick of the litter so to speak.
- The season for Florida Vacation Rentals has been extending through April
- When guest leave the area in April, that give adequate time for the owner to make some updates before someone checks into the vacation rental for May
- There is a lot less demand as it gets warmer
- Most snow birds are headed home in April, although some leave in May
- More availability means lower prices
- Less people means far less traffic
- Getting around by car is far easier in May that it is in January (in Fort Myers at least)
Everyone wants to rent a vacation home in Florida from December to April. That’s high competition time for the area. Snowbirds create demand for the area during the in season time frame. But you can score a deal out of season.
[Tweet “Time to rent a Florida Vacation Rental now that all the snowbirds are gone!”]
But if you can swing the time….May is a great time to visit Florida (and Fort Myers). The weather is fantastic in Southwest Florida at this time of the year, and you can get a great deal to get familiar with the area.
Florida Vacation Rentals in May – Good time?
You know it. Check out activities in out Things To Do Page, and well as our things to do in Fort Myers blog category. The water is warm in May, the weather is ideal. This is the best time of the year to test if Florida is right for you and your family!