On The 8th Day Of Christmas The Favorite Sun gave To Me…
8 Things To Bring For A Perfect Beach Day
Fort Myers, Sanibel Island and Captiva Island have some of the most beautiful beaches in the United States. While staying in the area you will most certainly want to spend at least a few days on these beaches. There is nothing more frustrating then realizing you forgot something. Keep this list of the top 8 things to bring for a perfect beach day, handy when you are packing.
- Sun screen – Waterproof sun screen is one of the most important things to bring to the beach. Without this your beach day and vacation can turn into a disaster. We all know that sunburns can make you, and the kids, cranky and uncomfortable. The American Cancer Society recommends to wear sunscreen with broad spectrum protection and an SPF of 30 or higher on all skin that isn’t covered, even when it’s cloudy. Click here to read information pertaining to this.
- Water – Pack plenty of water. A good tip to keep your water cold is to freeze it in the bottle you are using that day. This will keep your water cool and refreshing most of the day. Consider freezing just half the bottle, so that you have some water to drink while the frozen water melts into drinkable water…it will also chill the water in the bottle. This will surely quench your thirst while at the beach.
- Lunch – Pack a cooler with snacks and lunch. Some beaches have near by snack bars or restaurants close by. But who wants to leave the beach just to eat. Some suggestions are sandwiches, frozen grapes, pretzels or chips. The less paper goods and plastic you bring the less you have to worry about with trash, this is why finger foods are a perfect beach food. Another good idea is to freeze the kids juice bags. When they are ready to drink it’s like a slushie and it doubles as an ice pack for your cooler. Check out our pinterest board for Beach Picnic Ideas!
- Hats and Sunglasses – You’re at the beach, it’s sunny, protect your eyes and your head. Be sure to spend some time with the man of the house. Matt always forgets to put on a hat or sunscreen on his head. As he is getting older, his hair is getting thinner, and sometimes he feels the burn the day after the beach. Just a friendly reminder….those boys sometimes forget! 🙂
[Tweet “Just a friendly reminder, those boys sometimes forget! 🙂 #swfl #beach #sunscreen”]
- Beach and sand toys – Even if you don’t bring the kids, looking for sea shells and other beach treasures is fun. People come from all over the world to Sanibel Island to hunt for sea shells. The Sanibel Stoop is the name for, the bent at the waist posture, that people do while collecting sea shells. A netted bag and a laminated shell guide are also good things to add to your sand toys bag. (We provide these in our beach trunk for our guest, however, you can find them at local stores like WalMart and possible even the CVS)
- Beach umbrella – A beach umbrella or a beach canopy is always a good option to get out of the sun. It’s also a great place for a tired child or adult to take a quick nap in the shade.
- Water shoes – Water shoes are inexpensive and a must at the beach. Walking in the water on rocks or shells can reek havoc on your feet. A pair of water shoes are a good way to protect your tootsies from hard objects. Your feet will thank you later!
- A change of clothes – If there is a changing area bring a change of clothes. After a fun day at the beach you and the kids are wet, tired and sandy. Changing into something comfortable makes a much nicer ride home. Throw some powder and a couple of plastic bags in your bag too. The powder is a great way to get the sand off and the plastic bags are perfect to put wet suits and towels in.
Most of all, relax, have fun and enjoy!
Feel free to share this post, 8 things to bring for a perfect beach day, with you friends and family! It makes the day most fun when everyone pitches in.