When you are on vacation you hope for beautiful weather, but sometimes that isn’t always the case. Let’s face it, no one wants it to rain on their vacation. So, it rains, what happens now. You can sit around hoping for the rain to stop, or you find something to do. I vote for finding something to do! Here are some things to do in Fort Myers on a rainy day.
Things To Do In Fort Myers On A Rainy Day
- Go see a movie. Everyone loves a good movie on a rainy day. Check out the Beach Theater. It’s an all digital theater, It’s also America’s first run food theater too. This movie theater only shows the best first run movies that are playing. If you are hungry, the items on the menu are made fresh to order. Some of the things you can enjoy while watching a movie are sandwiches, chicken tacos, fresh fruit with brie, or a cookie n’ cream sundae, and of course they have pop corn. Click, http://fmbtheater.com/ for movie times and location.
- Bowling. When I think of a rainy day activity bowling always comes to mind. It’s fun for all age groups, affordable and it gets you moving. The Beach Bowl and Pelican Arcade is a great place for your rainy day adventure. This is a ten pin bowling alley that has an arcade, snack bar, pool tables and bar for an adult beverage. http://www.beachbowlandpelicansarcade.com/
- The Bailey-Matthews National Shell Museum is the only museum in the entire United States that features shells and the mollusks that make them. Spend your rainy day here and you are sure to learn a lot about the different types of shells you’ll find in the area and the country. There is over 30 different exhibits to explore and daily live tank demonstrations. http://www.shellmuseum.org/
- Shopping. The Tanger Outlets are less than a mile away from The Favorite Sun. This mall has over 40 brand name stores and will keep you busy for an entire day. The best part about the outlets is that you will always find a deal. http://www.tangeroutlet.com/fortmyers
- Go on a tour. If it is raining on a Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday the Wicked Dolphin Rum Distillery is the place to go. The free tour lasts about an hour. They will take you through all the steps that they use to make Wicked Dolphin Rum. The tour ends in the tasting room where you are able to have a few tastes, but only if you are 21 or older. Reservations are recommended http://wickeddolphinrum.com/